A note from the Juniata Farmers' Market:
We organized this farmers’ market for the following reasons:
· To offer consumers high quality, farm fresh products at a convenient location
· To strengthen ties between the urban and rural communities
· To create a new source of income for area growers
· To inform the community about healthy food and good nutrition
This market is a producer only market. That means the folks you are buying from either grew it, cooked, baked it, or made it. As producers, we are proud to be your farmer. We work hard to bring the freshest product to you. If you have any questions about our products, please ask. We love to talk about our farms and production. We also have ideas on how to cook the food you buy from us, so ask us about that too!
We want you to get the most out of your visit with us. Here are a few shopping tips for this market:
- Take your time to enjoy the market! Farmers’ markets are a great gathering place for friends and families.
· Go to the market early to get the best selection of produce.
- If you do not know what an item is, feel free to ask the farmer!
- Farmers are great sources of information about how to prepare different foods.
- Bring change and small bills to make shopping fast and easy.
- To keep your perishables fresh until you get home – bring a cooler.
- Be eco-friendly, and bring your own bags.
We have “Farm-to-Food” and “Good Nutrition” workshops planned for this season. Stay tuned for more details on the workshops.